Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Felicity Hair Question

  1. #1
    Mareyjones5
    Guest Mareyjones5's Avatar

    Post

    After waiting for 2 weeks, I fianlly received my Felicity! Though I am wondering, is her hair supposed to come out? EXAMPLE: Whenever you brush out Felicity's hair, does the stands come out? I've probably lost 15 strands even when I bursh it out carefully. I've noticed this problem with some other Felicity dolls. Is this normal? Thanks!

    <font color="#051E50" size="1">[ August 09, 2005 09:23 PM: Message edited by: mareyjones ]</font>

  2. #2
    Inactive Member pajamarose's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 31st, 2004
    Posts
    265
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    My dd says she hasn't noticed it. I would call AG Customer Service about it.


    Lea

    [img]graemlins/rose.gif[/img]

  3. #3
    Ashley1972
    Guest Ashley1972's Avatar

    Post

    Is it tangled? My PM China Felicity didn't have this problem unless it was a bit tangled.

  4. #4
    Inactive Member lscogbill's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 24th, 2005
    Posts
    713
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    My Felicity did that, but CS didn't know what the problem was. If you bought her from American Girl, I would call and get a new doll. Mine was PM, so I just put her hair in a ponytail and left it alone.

  5. #5
    Inactive Member calyndra's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 9th, 2004
    Posts
    102
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    It has been my experience that new dolls shed a little the first time they're brushed. Now if she's STILL shedding, that's a problem and call CS. I think I remember hearing about Kaileys that shed like that...

    ~Abby

  6. #6
    Inactive Member jamieplus3's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 22nd, 2005
    Posts
    79
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I recently took Kaya's braids down and brushed it out for the first time. (We've had her since last Christmas, and the braids held up surprisingly well, but it was time... iykwim.) Anyway, I was very careful, and her hair wasn't tangled, but a small handful did end up coming out. I hope it's a one-time thing!

  7. #7
    Inactive Member sparkygrl's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 12th, 2004
    Posts
    56
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    One thing that I have found helps the shedding issues is to spray the hair with water and use the wig brush from american girl. Work very gently on the hair in small sections starting at the ends working up to the scalp. This helps to detangle without pulling the hair out of the wig.

  8. #8
    Inactive Member dolldreamer's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 20th, 2005
    Posts
    229
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    alot of the pre-mattel felicity's that I have seen do this, I think it's from years of people brushing the actual wig, not just the hair.
    It shouldn't happen new, but I would look at the wig stiching to see if it has come loose.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •